|P4CB||8.5″ x 11.125″||8.25″ x 10.875″||7.75″ x 10.375″|
Keep safety 1/4″ in from TRIM and BLEED is 1/8″ out from TRIM. Image areas intended to bleed should extend 1/8″ beyond the trim. Areas not intended to bleed should be a minimum of 1/8″ inside trim (1/4″ for best results). All live material should be 1/4″ inside the trim.
PREFERRED FILE FORMAT: Hi-res PDF files (made ONLY through Acrobat Distiller) No native application files accepted. PDF files MUST be made using Acrobat Distiller 5.0 (preferred) & also 4.0 (3.0 will NOT be accepted)
The Hi res PDF distilled files must have:
1. All fonts embedded (NO True Type fonts accepted)
2. The correct mode (i.e. CMYK or Grayscale)
Never RGB or LAB or embedded color profiles. (i.e. ICC profiles)
3. All spot colors MUST be converted to CMYK unless running 1, 2, or 3 color ads. NO file with PMS colors accepted unless pre-ordered.
4. OPI must NEVER be included in the file. (see advanced tab in distiller)
5. Resolution: 300 DPI for all submitted images and files.
6. All ads must have position marks for non-bleed ads and trim &bleed marks for bleed ads.
7. Files must comply with SWOP standards.
8. Knockout type should be no smaller than 7 pt. Serifs should be .007 minimum thickness. Black type on ads should be solid black and not 4/C.
ADVERTISING MATERIAL: All materials should be uploaded to the Bauer Ad Portal.
Once the ad has been posted to the Bauer Ad Portal site, please email the following information:
• Advertiser Name
• Publication Name
• Issue Number and Cover Date
• File Name that was uploaded
• a Low Res PDF of the ad for file identification to Gail DeSantis
*NOTE: If using a MAC to upload, Fire Fox is the preferred Browser.
*NOTE: If ad is posted before the material due date, please send proofs for next business day delivery.
PUBLISHER’S SERVICES: Services performed by The Publisher are non-commissionable. The Publisher will charge for all costs incurred in preparing submitted material which does not meet mechanical specifications. Detailed specifications and costs are available upon request. An early identification proof or facsimile of advertisement is to be used solely as an aid in positioning should be sent well in advance of closing date to The Publisher. All advertising material will be destroyed one year after last use unless otherwise instructed upon arrival.